Our regulated entities in the UK and Ireland are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) to act in the capacity of Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM) to alternative investment funds (AIFs).
We offer a service for AIF structures to meet the ongoing obligations under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD or ‘The Directive’), allowing investment managers to focus on portfolio management and distribution. We also provide a non-EU AIFM solution in Jersey.
- We are an experienced and market leading AIFM
- We have an attractive proposition for managers who hold UCITS funds and AIFs, where one central point of contact can be appointed covering multiple regulatory requirements for both fund types
- We have broad and extensive experience in maintaining regulatory responsibility and oversight for UK authorised funds (e.g. UCITS, NURS, QIS)
- As an independent AIFM provider, we have existing relationships with other stakeholders such as depositaries and administrators, providing economies of scale which can help to reduce costs
- We provide accounting, valuation and investor administration services to a large and diverse range of funds.
- Authorisation process - we work with the portfolio manager, legal counsel and board of the AIF to ensure smooth implementation. As we are approved by the relevant industry bodies, we can provide quicker access to market than would be achieved via an internally managed AIFM or through setting up a new AIFM
- Risk management - we undertake the permanent risk management function, providing the fund structure with a robust framework which meets the requirements of the Directive
- Regulatory reporting - we have built an automated Annex IV solution which includes a breakdown of financial instruments and other assets, the principal exposures and the diversification of the AIF’s portfolio
- A well-developed remuneration policy which complies with the Directive.
Ed Hamilton-Russell – Head of Business Development
+ 44 (0)20 7204 7843
Paul Nunan - Managing Director, Ireland
+353 86 855 3069